Sunday, November 23, 2008

Finding Myself

The past year has been the hardest of my life, but I wouldn't change a thing. That last part isn't something I thought I would say looking back at my first night living by myself in St. Pete. I was so depressed and scared and felt so alone then. I realized thought that I was so amazingly blessed to have my wonderful husband, my sisters and brother, my parents, my inlaws, my best friends Kate, JD, & Trey and the entire Kinard klan, my aunts and uncles and so many other friends and colleagues all behind me on my new adventure that I had to experience. I was also blessed to be part of the Barry University class of 2009, a group of people that I never thought would turn into life long friends, all there cheering me on and supporting me thru it all.

In the middle of it all I found myself. I found a strength I never new I had. I found the wife I wanted to be in me, the friend in me, the sister in me, the daughter in me, I found it all. I realized who I am and where I wanted my life to go for the first time in my life. I feel so amazingly blessed to have gone thru such a life changing process. I want to be a better person, find the good in everyone, and to help others less fortunate.

I would ask for one favor to all reading this. This Thanksgiving remember to go around the table and tell everyone what you are thankful for.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I am thankful for you and your selfless, nurturing, giving nature and that you love my son and are in my life.