Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Christmas Eve we had a full house. My Dad and Mom, my sisters Beth, Catherine and her husband Bill, Samantha and my brother Brian, my Aunt Susan and her boytoy Gary and their dog Jessie. We had a Cowboy Christmas Eve with a dinner of Mexican food, it is a tradition Justin's Aunt and uncle did in New Mexico. We had two kinds of enchiladas, mexican dip, gringo chili, spanish rice and burritos. The puppies Mocha and Hershey did pretty good, they aren't used to so many people so it was their first real training for having a lot of people over. They still think everyone they meet is here to play with them.

Christmas day was great we had all the same people here to open gifts. I made cinnamon rolls and an egg casserole, it turned out pretty good. We then started opening presents, it took a few hours since there was 11 of us here and 3 dogs. Hershey and Mocha got all kinds of toys and treats, they must have been really good dogs this year. I got some cool socks, pants, pj's, an awesome gator had my brother made and a Nikon coolpix camera (it is super cool!), he got a great deal on it online. Justin got some cool stuff too, I got him a new bicycle, I got a great deal on it, he loved it, it was a total surprise.

This year Justin and I contributed to a nearby family that lost everything in a house fire and they had nothing for Christmas and were having to stay with relative and sometimes sleep in their car. The clinic I was doing a rotation at, where I used to work, adopted a couple families to do Christmas for, Justin and I did two young boys.

Christmas day dinner was a feast, ham, turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, veggies, the works. Desserts were plentiful, every type of cookie you could dream of someone made, apple pie, pumpkin pie, icecream, the works. By the end of the day we were all stuffed. Everyone took some left overs home, mom, dad, brian, and beth were going camping the next day for the weekend so the left overs would come in handy.

By the end of day we were exhausted but had such a wonderful time and had such a wonderful Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!
The girls already fighting over their new toys.

Justin modeling his new handmade Gator cap.
We were just oozing Christmas spirit.
Just relaxing after the big present openings.
The family modeling their new handmade gator caps.
























1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good blogging and merry after Christmas!