Monday, December 29, 2008

A Friends Wedding

This weekend we went to a class mates wedding here in Gainesville. I love weddings, it helps remind you where it all started in your relationship and why you got married. My friend Josh is such a sweet, nice guy, he is one of those really good guys so rare to find. He loves his new wife, he would always get a smile on his face when talking about her in class. We had something in common in our first years in PA school, we both lived in Gainesville but were not able to live at home with our loved ones during that year. We both had to be away from those we loved. It was a really nice ceremony, Josh's dad is a doctor and a minister and is the one who married them, Justin wasn't there for that. I let him go fishing with JD since he had off and it was a gorgeous day. As Josh's dad was marrying them he talked about marriage and the give and take and compromise that is part of marriage, it made me realize that that is exactly what Justin and I do, he wanted to go fishing so I said yes but asked that he come to the reception with me, and he said of course. That is marriage, sacrifice and give and take. The piece of advice Justin and I always give new couples to the keys to a long HAPPY marriage is communication (talk about everything!) and don't sweat the small stuff (or the big stuff will kill you - Justin's mom taught us that). I wish all the best to Josh and Lindsey on their new adventure in marriage.





They didn't smash it in each others faces, unlike Justin did to me at our wedding.

No comments: